Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Class Wiki - So Far

I am a part of the team contributing to the New Media and sports section of our class wiki. So far I have added content to the "Smartphone Sports App" sub-section in regards to the new NFL Mobile App offered by Verizon Wireless. This app offers features that have never been available to consumers on the go. You can now view content from the NFL Network along with a live feed of NFL games directly to your smartphone. This is undoubtedly a great convenience to every sports fan as we know how stressful it can get not being able to follow your favorite team in the midst of all the action; I find myself checking scores and stats several times when I am not able to catch the Jet's game on TV. Additionally, I will be adding content referencing a few other smartphone sport appplication favorites. The "Top Sports News" app provides the user with updated news around the sports world. I particularly like this service as it takes articles from numerous sources, supplying many different points of view on an issue. Top Sports News provides content from all sports ranging from professional basketball to horse racing so you can be sure to find something suitable for your taste. I will also add some content about a new ESPN app that has been released for the droid market in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment