Monday, October 25, 2010

The Social Network

When I bought my ticket for The Social Network, I was expecting to see
the making of a phenomenon, but instead, I was exposed to the mind of
a genius.

What resonated with me the most is that the guy who created such an
impact for my generation with Facebook is also my peer. My generation
may be the first one where being an “entrepreneur” at age twenty is a
legitimate career. Technology makes it possible for people to surpass
the traditional corporate hierarchy and create something powerful that
will gain momentum through the internet versus a boardroom. Watching
the Social Network, and seeing the confidence of Mark Zuckerberg’s
statements in court made me believe… it made me believe in ideas, and
that even in this tough economic climate it has made me excited to see
how my peers and I will shape the age of technology.

Although some have called Mr. Zuckerberg ruthless, egotistical and
disloyal, I saw him as a person who followed his vision. This vision
may have blinded his senses, but it ultimately led him to the path he
chose at the very beginning, to create the next big thing.

The Social Network was one of the best stories I’ve seen on the big
screen in a long time, and it’s just a bonus that it happens to be
based on someone whose ideas will impact my life for years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It it very interesting to see your point of view on the movie. I was just focusing on the "feeling" aspect of it, specifically his relationship with his best friend and girlfriend. You, however, saw the bigger picture: Mark Zuckerberg created FACEBOOK! You also stated that he reached his ultimate goal which was "to create the next big thing." This is certainly true. Despite his lawsuits, loss of friends,etc he did accomplish is goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is really great. Before I watched it,I thought it would be a boring movie by its name. Instead, I saw a young guy at my age how to became the youngest billianaire. It is a very impressed story.

    ReplyDelete